Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter Ballad
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Gert1973
Original lesson: Winter Ballad by Sinisa Cekic

Hello GMC, I proudly present my REC take of this beautiful sounding winter ballad! I have loved practicing and playing this lesson that is full of details! Again many thanks to Monica who has helped me a lot in mastering these details in a relatively short period! I hope you enjoy it... Cheers, Gert

Monica Gheorghevici
Hi Gert!

As you know, this lesson was a proof that the less complicated playing seems to be, the more traps it may have. We spent a lot of time working on each detail and I'm very proud of you. Even your vibrato started to shine. The result is spectacular and shows your huge progress.

There are two spots where you rush a little (0:51; 1:09) and a few moments where we can hear some unwanted string noises.

Congrats on your amazing work! I know that I was very demanding with this lesson, but I can assure you that at this moment you have the best approach/take that was posted in the REC section for this lesson. I'm very proud of you!!! You get an 8 from me. smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
Fantastic Gert - this is another brilliant example of how effective your work with Monica has been!

The big thing here is obviously how you cater for all of those details that make the difference - and in doing so you are attempting to play something that is way beyond a "level 3" lesson.

The one thing that will take you closer to sounding like the original is a consistent vibrato. The good news is you already do this well - when you have time to think about it. However when there is much going on at the same time - vibrato needs to be handled by muscle memory. This will come with time if you just keep working on, and using, vibrato.

It's a 9 from me - keep up the fantastic work!
Fran
Pass: 8.5
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.