Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guthrie Govan Style
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Manu RASSE
Original lesson: Guthrie Govan Style by Cosmin Lupu

Hi there. Here my take. Wait and see for your feedback. Have a nice day

Monica Gheorghevici
Hi Manu!

Overall, your take sounds good. There are just a few details that stop me from giving you a very high grade.

The first thing that I would like to hear in your take, is a better separation of the notes. You don't play all the notes perfectly clearly.

At 0:07 and 0:15 we can't hear the C# played (D string/ fret 11). You need to add more force to your pinky finger to make that hammer-on audible. Also, when you start the arpeggio and you execute the slide, accentuate the A note. Don't move your finger from that note so fast because it will stop sounding as it should.

You did a great job and I enjoyed your take. You get an 8 from me.

Keep up your amazing work!
Kristofer Dahl
Nice!

Monica is spot on about note separation here.

It's worth considering that if you opt for a clean but more compressed sound - thing will get easier than with a somewhat distorted sound. However I would still recommend getting the proper technique down so you can work with any type of sound.

With a clean AND uncompressed sound note separation will obviously not be an issue at all - but then you are likely to get issues with the legato runs instead 😅

Those slides could also be a tad more in time with a somewhat audible glitch at 00:04

You get an 8 from me - keep up the amazing work mate 👌
Fran
Pass: 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.