Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take 2: Slow Phrasing
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
BenF
Original lesson: Slow Phrasing by Guido Bungenstock

I tried to improve my take, especialy the vibrato. Its still Not perfect but I would like to get some Feedback, thanks.

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=62953
Monica Gheorghevici
Hi Benny!

First of all, I want to say that I'm happy to see that you improved some of the details (fast slides, bends, length of some notes, etc). Also, your vibrato looks and sounds better now and it changed your take in a very good way.

Now, I will point out the things that still require a little more work.

Picking direction - I know that I told about it in my previous feedback. This is very important to be fixed. Look, if you replace some alternate picking licks with a random kind of picking (as example: 0:20) besides the fact that you will make that part to sound different, you also skip a technique from the lesson.

0:39 - you fixed this spot, but try next time to make the returning slide a little faster and it will be perfect.

0:49 - you played two slides here. All you need to do is to play 1 single slide and 1 picked note with vibrato.

0:51 - this bend should be played faster. You make a mistake here from the rhythmic point of view.

1:12 - you still add in this spot the G note (15 fret). After you play the A note, go directly into the bends.

The end lick - don't forget to review this part because you played 5 notes again instead of 4.

I think if you fix all the tiny details that I wrote above, your take will shine. You get a 7 from me.
Kristofer Dahl
Very cool! You show some great improvement in a short amount of time!

I still think there are more quick gains to be had. As an example you randomly use but upward and downward bending on the G string - your vibrato would benefit from always doing downward whenever possible.

Also you vibrato would be wider, more even and cooler - if you consistently tried to use more arm movement/muscles (for example at 00:22).

Keep up the great work mate 👊
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Ben!

I think this lesson is sounding better little by little. The whole first part sounds really good. It is only after 40 seconds that there begin to be some pitch problems or some inaccurate notes. This indicates that you are on the right path and that it is only a matter of practice and time.

Your vibrato also starts to become much more consistent. Remember to focus the movement on the wrist and not so much on the finger when you do vibrato.

Keep up the great work!
Fran
Pass: 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.