GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
chris4
Original lesson: Beginner Bending Workout by Darius Wave

Hello.
This is my take of this lesson.
Recommended by Gabriel.

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Chris!

Great to find this take here. I always recommend students to share REC takes even when working with instructor's mentoring programs because it's the way to receive grading and comments from different instructors which is something very valuable.

You already have my thoughts on your work on this lesson so I'm here to grade your take and let other instructors add their comments.

Keep on the hard work!! smile.gif
Darius Wave
Hey Chris!

First of all - it's a lovely take, played with respect for clean execution, timing and rhythm values length. Pleasant to listen.

There are only several minor mistakes. You need to spend some more time on the final bends. We need to hear that specific "crow" effect while you bend one note, over another - ringing out. I can hear that you not always hit both notes - I bet it's just a matter of unwanted muting with one of left hand fingers. There are moments where you are a few cents below correct pitch and moments where you need to push the string a little more, to reach the correct pitch. As I said - those are minor mistakes and you are close to perfect pitch through most part of the take. Well done smile.gif

Ben Higgins
Very good work my friend. There's just some moments towards the end where the bends cut off a little too abruptly, highlighting the pauses in between, but that's all.

Mainly, the bending is top notch as we say in the UK. Great tone as well - really digging it smile.gif
Fran
Pass: 9
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.