Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neoclassical Solo For Beginners
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
ChrisGLP
Original lesson: Neoclassical Solo For Beginners by Emir Hot

first try... :-)

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Chris, good job with this one!

Your playing is good on this first attempt to this lesson. There are some details that you could work to take your playing to a new level and are basically based on vibrato and bending, but also some phrases that could sound smoother.

Compare your vibrato with the original take and you'll notice that Emir does a wider vibrato that moves more connected with the groove of the backing track. Please along with the lesson trying to emulate it.

I noticed that some bends don't reach the correct pitch, for example at 00:22, 00:41 and 00:48. Pay attention to it.

Finally, some phrases around 00:50 and 01:03 could sound smoother. Isolate these parts and practice them.

Other than these, your playing is good, just keep working hard!
Darius Wave
Hey Chris!

Nice work on this lesson.
Personally I think that middle position is not a best choice for this kind of playing. Something fizzy is happening in your tone. Message me if you want some help on it (prepare guitar only track from your take)

Gabriel have spotted most important things - shallow vibrato and bends that do not reach correct pitch. Those are the biggest issues here .Aside from these it's a really nice take smile.gif
Ben Higgins
Hi this is a very good take with some minor issues which will be simple enough to fix.

Firstly, I like the way you use the whole span of your fingers to reach other notes. This is correct and it shows you've unlocked your fingers. They need to be able to move this way in order to play more complex material.

Timing is tight as well.

Vibrato is generally ok but there are some notes that could benefit from it, like at 0:22 and 0:26. These notes sound a bit dead so some vibrato will liven them up. It doesn't have to be wide, just enough to give them some life.

Bending: Overall quite good, the only bend for me that isn't 100% is at 0:47. It's a fraction too high (sharp) so try to work on those as well.

Overall, a strong take - well done
Fran
Pass: 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.