Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: John Frusciante Style Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Phil66
Original lesson: John Frusciante Style Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

Gab gave me this one to work on as I was struggling with the Darius Beginner solo on bars 29-30.

Darius Wave
..and you di justice to this lesson smile.gif I like your tone and mix with the backing track . You're focused. Don't mind me saying I prefer your take over original John's solo tongue.gif. I found just a few things to fix

Timming - at some points you tend to speed up and play before the beat - mainly those more dense parts.

Bending - 0:35..just a little more (higher pitch) and would have been perfect smile.gif

Your vibrato looks descent and relaxed ...plus...what's most important you are vibratin around correct pitch and that is essential for proper vibrato execution. Well done smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Phil!

I'm really proud of you! You are a hard worked and even on difficult moments you find the way to stay focused and get back to practice. This take is a win! There are obviously details to adjust that Darius marked exceptionally, but the good part of this is that you are really close to master this lesson!

For all those that want to see this brave soldier's hard work, you can check our mentoring program thread HERE.

Keep on the hard work and inspiring other people (like me). smile.gif
Ben Higgins
Hi Phil, this is really good stuff. Just looking at how strong your vibrato is getting, I wouldn't recognise you. (I think I've said that before)

As Darius picked up, the timing could be closer to Gab's version but I'd say it was 90% on the money.

Everything else worked for me - great job!
Fran
Pass: 7.3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.