Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take 2: Legato Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Kalidia
Original lesson: Legato Lesson by Muris Varajic

Take 2 of the first lesson i've rec here on GMC yeras ago. Some timing issue but i'm still working on it. Cheers Federico

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=40507
Ben Higgins
Hi man this is sounding pretty cool. Tonally you manage very good control. There's no offensive noises or open strings.

There's a few little timing deviations though so just try to get more comfortable with whatever areas challenge you. Some of these lines include sliding to other frets as well as hammering on and pulling off so there's a few things to think about.

I thought you made some dodgy noises at one point before I realised it was your computer, trying to jam along!
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate, good job with this lesson!

I think that you are getting a very good sound of this technique and that the only thing that need some more adjustment is your timing. This element is on of the most difficult things when playing this technique so it's natural that this happens at this point. I recommend you to put more focus on it, and using your foot or your head to feel the groove inside while playing.

This can be also related to a technical limitation that will disappear with more practice so please keep on playing this one and pay attention to timing.

Keep on the hard work! wink.gif

PS: I think that this lesson (LINK) can be a good follow up to this one.

Darius Wave
Nice job in here! smile.gif I like your clean playing and intonation. The main target (legato) seems to go quite nice - I mean I can't see any obvious mistakes. I think that in this particular case you were able to perfectly diagnose your take on your own - the timming is a main issue here. Doesn't need further explanation since you are able to capture it by yourself smile.gif
Fran
Pass: 7.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.