Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vinnie Moore Style Patterns: 1
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
TJHarrison5252
Original lesson: Vinnie Moore Style Patterns: 1 by Laszlo Boross

Not perfect and my guitar has trouble staying in tune

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! Great to see you here! smile.gif I think that you provided this one using a slower backing so we cannot grade it for REC. By the way I can say that you are on the right track with this one. You need to continue practicing it to be sure to play the different patterns tighter with the backing track.
Ben Higgins
Hi my friend. As Gab said, we can't give it a grade yet as it's not the 100% full speed version but we can still provide you with some feedback smile.gif

Your timing is really good and your fretting hand positioning is also great.

The crucial thing to sort out first is your alternate picking. You're not always using strict alternating pick strokes. Sometimes you accidentally play the same stroke one after the other.. for example, 2 dowstrokes... you also sometimes sweep into the next string which is a technique known as economy picking. So my advice is to start on a downstroke and play the entire lesson using alternate picking strokes.
Darius Wave
As Ben pointed - You need to review Your right hand technique. I would start from very basic stuff - position and way You hole the pick. Holding it so deep in Your palm reduce you abilities to shape the tone by slightly changing pick angles and adding tiny motion from right inde finger thumb. It looks like your hand is tensioned andwould have problems to cross the limit of slightly faster picking.

Anyway - it's god you share your progress with us smile.gif Keep up the good work!
Fran
Closing this one smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.