Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kiss Style
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Beat Zbinden
Original lesson: Kiss Style by Gabriel Leopardi

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Beat! Cool to find this lesson at REC! smile.gif

The overall lesson is evolving well. You just need to work some details to polish all parts. This is what you need to have in mind:

- Work on the chord changes that start at 00:08, to make it sound smoother and tighter. If you listen carefully to the changes you will note that the part is not consistent.

- Improve timing at 00:41.

- The riff starting at 00:53 has some notes that are played before you should. You tend to go before the beat mostly after the chromatic passage, when you reach the following string.

Keep on working hard!
Darius Wave
Honestly I had no feeling to Your chord changes being in before the beat. I felt like first half timming was pretty descent. I also liked Your nice and clean muting job. As for the second half there is in fact timming issue - it does not go perfect with the drums.
Ben Higgins
Hi Beat. This is pretty good, man. You're comfortable with the chord changes, the sound clean and consistent too.

Your timing issues appear during the chromatic riff as Gab and Darius have pointed out. The only cure for this is more practise, which is annoying but true. If you need more help, play along with Gab's track to make sure you're not playing in front of the beat too much.

The lead section sound nice.. your tone has too much gain for an early Kiss sound but on the lead section it really works, it's got a sweet harmonic sound to it smile.gif
Fran
Pass: 7.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.