Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post Punk Pioneers: Joy Division
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
MrUK
Original lesson: Post Punk Pioneers: Joy Division by Gabriel Leopardi

Here´s my first one smile.gif I need to find a better cam...

2015-02-06,
Ben & Gabriel : Thanks for your feedback, I´ll take it with me, and I´ll be back with a new REC on this one... smile.gif
Gabriel: I used the right backing track that I´m supposed to use smile.gif

Ben Higgins
Hi, this sounded pretty good but it's hard to tell how accurate your rhythm playing is because your guitar is mixed too low. I can hear Gabriel's guitar in the right channel quite loudly but not you.

Try panning your guitar to the left channel and boosting the volume.

Or just try boosting the volume without panning to the left. See which one allows your guitar to be heard better.

-The opening lines sound good although it sounds slightly out of tune. It's most noticeable on that opening note of the phrase.

-For the riff starting at 0:38, it doesn't sound like you're playing the double stop bend. I can see your hand moving though.. but I can't hear the change in pitch.. at least not where it's supposed to be. I think you're bending the strings too late.

Overall, your timing is very good so if you could make your guitar easier to hear then we'd be able to give you more accurate feedback.
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! Congrats on your first take for REC!

It seems that you used the main video audio instead of the backing track provided for practicing. This makes us very difficult to hear and analyze what you are playing. As Ben said, it seems to be relatively good, but I think that the best would be to record a new take using the backing for the lesson, without my guitar.

Just a few things that I can note:

- The first melody is not completely tight. Your alternate picking there is a bit shy and the dynamic of the notes irregular.
- The part starting at 00:28 is not sounding totally smooth. Practice those chord changes in order to make it sound consistent.

Please try a new version as suggested, and contact me if you need some assistance with it.
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate,

Nothing else to add aside what the guys have already said here, aside from the fact that practicing with the original recording is a great way to make sure you nailed a lesson, but in here, as I have already noticed you did, you should post the recording with a backing track.

I'll go check out that one immediately!

All the best and thank you!

Cosmin
Fran
Almost there, 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.