Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take 4: Hard Rock Power Chords - Beginner
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Anese, nice to find a new take from you for this lesson.

The work is going well, you can change chords smooth and you keep timing tight in the whole take. I think that there are basically two things to focus to master this lesson:

- Palm muted notes: The palm muted bass 8th notes are not very clear. Sometimes you play them a bit soft, and this make the overall take sound less groovy. Try to make those notes sound clearer and more defined.

- Vibrato: You are adding some vibrato as Sinisa does in the lesson but it's still a bit weak and irregular. Practice the lesson over the original take and try to put more emphasis and strength to those vibratos.

Besides these two details, I think that your take is very good, you are getting so close, keep on the great job! smile.gif
Ben Higgins
Hi dude, I agree with Gab's observations. This is the best sounding one yet. Your chord changes are so much smoother and your tonal control of the chords is better as well.

-The muted 8th notes. I also thought these were unclear. You're obviously doing it but maybe it's muted too much ? Or maybe you're not hitting the string hard enough ? One of those will be the answer.

-The double stop bends at 0:32... what Sinisa does is play them, THEN bend up and return it. What you're doing here is bending it up straight away so you don't get that sound of 3 movements. You're only getting 2 movements. Hopefully that makes sense ?

Very good work, you should be pleased smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate!

We have discussed this one long and hard in your mentoring thread and I think that you should focus on the vibrato in this lesson most of all, as it's the one thing that comes out the most.

I think that this lesson here: http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

.. is the next one that we should start working on smile.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Fran
Pass: 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.