Rhida
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 21: String Bending by Bear Rose

Here we go!
2nd attempt

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/...showtopic=52880
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate,

I can notice an improvement in comparison to your last take, but I will still emphasize on the things that require your attention:

- the bent note pitches are closer to the aimed pitch, but they could be played even more surefooted - by that I mean that sometimes you are uncertain - see minute 0:09
- the vibrato needs to be in pitch as well - sometimes it goes out of pitch
- the timing is better than last time, but in order to make sure you will have an even better take, please record against the original and listen to the differences, as we suggested in the previous comments - have you done that already? If not, it would be a great tool to work with so that you may hear the differences you need to take care of wink.gif

All the best and keep rocking!

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Rhida! Good job! I can notice that your bending technique is getting better as well as your timing and vibrato but there is still work to do in order to make it sound well. Cosmin gave you excellent feedback about the things that are still lacking. One of them, and the most important on this lesson is your bending pitches. You are not reaching the correct pitch yet, I think that most of the times you go higher, so this means that you are bending the string too much.

The best way to improve these things is practicing over the original take trying to emulate timing, vibrato and bending pitches and also complementing the practice with some other lessons or exercises. So let's get back to Gab's Army thread! wink.gif
Ben Higgins
Hi man. I agree with my comrades. Your pitch control means that sometimes the strings are slightly sharp and sometimes they're slightly flat.

I would take some time to focus on bending without the backing track. Fret the note on another string and then try to bend to that note as closely as you can. Of course, make sure your guitar is in tune before you try this. I posted a video in your previous take about this so keep working on that aspect.

Timing: I notice that you tend to let your finger hit the next note just before you play it. Try to avoid doing this. You should only fret the note exactly when you want to play it. So resist the temptation to 'think ahead' with your fingers..don't let them hit the next note until it's time smile.gif

Fran
Almost there, 7.3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.