Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Linear Shred Zone
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Huargo
Original lesson: Linear Shred Zone by Ben Higgins

Hi guys one more fallen in the linear shred zone!
be ruthless!!!!

Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate!

You are a clean picker and you understood the idea of the lesson and it's structure, but in respect to speed, you still have to practice slow in my opinion. Use the provided slow backing tracks in order to nail the fast picking phrases at a slower tempo in perfect timing and sync between the left and right hand and then raise the speed, while maintaining the sync wink.gif It's pretty much all you need to do if you are to ask me smile.gif

Please focus on this aspect and I am sure you will nail this lesson!

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi huargo! This take lesson is SO promising but there are two words that you need to be patient and work on this stuff slowly for some more time to be sure that you keep both hands synchronized. It is not recommended to practice something bad played fast, the only thing that you get is to be able to play the bad thing faster. Who want's to achieve it?

As Cosmin said, slowly down your metronome and start practicing this one every day, increasing the speed as soon you feel comfortable and can play the licks tight.

Take our suggestion and your shred playing will improve dramatically!
Ben Higgins
Hi David, this is a great attempt. You've got a really good picking technique. It looks really relaxed and efficient.

Fretting hand movement is also good.

The co ordination is still lacking at this speed though. I would say you're about 5 or 10 bpm away from the target speed at the moment.

Try about 10bpm lower and do shorter bursts with some pauses in between. See if the hands are in synchronisation whilst you do this.

I think you can play at the required speed.. but both of your hands are just not quite working together at that speed. So just work on the synchronisation at a lower speed and push it a bit further every day or every few days. smile.gif
Fran
Almost there, 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.