Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beginner's Corner 21: String Bending
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Jeroen
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 21: String Bending by Bear Rose

As Gabriel advised me to do I worked on my string bending. I think it worked out pretty good. :)

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Jeroen! Well done working on this lesson!

You are very close to play it perfectly. There are some bends that are still a bit out (it's a very small detail) and this means that you should still continue practicing this one, maybe over the original lesson to be sure of the note, to reach it smoother and also to add vibrato to some of the notes as it happens in the original lesson.

Keep this one in your diary practice.

Cheers,

Gab.-
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate smile.gif

I agree with Gabi's comments and aside from staying focused while following his suggestions, there's nothing more I can add. Definitely try to record over the original lesson so that you may spot the differences and fix them where needed wink.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Darius Wave
Give Yourself some time my friend smile.gif There is no rush and it's not a competition smile.gif Try to watch Your own take or yourself in the mirror comparing to the instructor from original lesson. Aside from just focusing on bends give some extra focus on how the left hand works while bending. Your hand looks fine but I'm not sure if really the wrist is the main source of strenght in Your case. It's the vibrato You make which uncovered those little issues - trying to make it mostly using fingers. Sometimes when You rotate the wrist a bit more it helps smile.gif
Fran
Pass: 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.