Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jazz Swing Lead Lesson
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
IstvanNavrasics
Original lesson: Jazz Swing Lead Lesson by Muris Varajic

Here I'd like to share my first: - YouTube video - Guitar video - Completed GMC lesson

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! Congrats on your first guitar video!! Both audio and video are very good! Your playing on the lesson is also good. This is not an easy lesson to play because the swing and groove are everything and that's where you have to focus on the next days while you practice. You played each lick right but there is some groove lacking and sometimes there are more important timing issues. I recommend you to practice this one over the main video to incorporate the rhythm and groove even more. After some days of practice, I invite you to record a new take so we can see the difference.

Keep on the good job! smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey buddy! Congrats on entering the REC Zone - as Gabi said, in this particular lesson, the groove is very important and it makes the difference, so please follow his advice and practice against the original recording to get the pulse of the phrases, deal?

Cosmin
Darius Wave
Warm wellcome in the REC World smile.gif
First of all that took my attention was slightly off the tune. I would highly suggest to make sure not only by checking the open strings but some fretted positions as well. about the playing - good job and the besics of a lessons are prepared well. I miss some fluency and smoothenss - You look tensed and it's visible. You can also rethink to add some more volume of guitar to the mix and...roll of a bit more tone (with the guitar tone knob) for perfect jazz tone (doesn't have to be completely rolled down) Just find the sweet spot. Well done smile.gif
Fran
Almost there, 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.