Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Take 4: Modern Heavy Rock Riffs II
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Darius Wave
I think something weird happened with Your tone. Original lesson was played on the bridge pickup position. I don't see You switch but something sound a bit muddy. Things are not tight enough yet. I hear timming problems and some work needed to make those pauzes sound clean. Also we have some tuning issues. Probably caused but the drop Tuning. If You use regular strings gauge and want to play in lower tuning, You should tune string while holding notes on frets to compensate more pressure from the left hand.
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Ram! Darius marked the most important things that you have to improve on this take. Your tone sounds like if you were using a fuzz effects, it's weird and undefined. Regarding your playing, the whole lesson needs to sound tighter, I think that you should isolate the different parts and work on them concentrated on timing and details that aren't sounding right. Use metronome and the slower backings.
Cosmin Lupu
Hey mate,

I think the guys pointed out the important aspects:

- the tone
- practicing slow and maybe after that, playing along with the original recording - it's a good way to see the differences between your take and the original one.

Mate, I think you need to focus more on listening to the original recording, it will also do you good to hum and tap your foot against the piece so that you may know where each part falls into place in respect to timing.

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Fran
Almost there, 6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.