Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hole Style
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Rammikin
Original lesson: Hole Style by Gabriel Leopardi

Darius Wave
Hey man! Very good job in case of timming smile.gif

Let's point out some issues

1. Your pinky finger get's flat while playing B power chord for example. It's not good. Look at Gab's lesson - he does a regular fingering for this chords. Looks like You replace 3rd finger and make a baree with Your pinky at some chords

2. At the part around 0:25 those muted breaks are not clean enough - we can here some noises coming out while You hit those muted strings. Try to experiment with You left hand pressure. Maybe You hold it too tight.

One common advice for all Your playing - try to change positions in the last possible moment. You break the shape at the end, before You go to another. The whole trick is to play it till very end and make an ultra quick skip to another chord. This is partly a reason of Your noise issue. For example 0:29 You moved Your hand while there should be 2 more of eight notes muted and than fast skip. You just passed the chord too early smile.gif

Ben Higgins
Hey man, that's pretty good. Darius is right in his observations. You do have a habit of changing chords too early, thus robbing the riffs of their overall effect. To me, that's me biggest criticism.

The breaks could be a little quieter too, yes.. but I think if you can work on your chord changes you'll make the biggest leap in improving. It was very nearly an 8 from me, but I think you can nail this lesson better. smile.gif
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate! That's a nice take. Darius already marked the things that I think you should improve to get closer to master this lesson. By the way t I would like to mark that you keep a very solid rhythm during the whole lesson so the work must be focused on your right hand.
Cosmin Lupu
Hey amigo!

I haven't got anything else to add here, but follow the advices given by the guys already and you will nail this one without too many problems wink.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Fran
Almost there, 7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.