Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ratt Style
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
coffeeman
Original lesson: Ratt Style by Gabriel Leopardi

Ben Higgins
Hi Andres, good to see you on some heavy stuff !

One the main riff at the beginning, some of the notes are not coming through. One the first chord, your index finger is not quite covering all the strings so the note on the B string isn't coming through. Same with the 3rd chord.

The section at 0:34 needs to be more controlled. Use light palm muting to help the notes stay separated so they 'pop' out.

I notice that you don't move your wrist joint much.. you use your whole arm to alter the position of your hand. Try loosening your wrist and letting it swing up and down to hit notes instead. smile.gif

Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate. This lessons looks easy but it's not. It requires very tight playing and a good control of palm muting technique. I think that you are doing a good job with this one and that the next step to master it is to concentrate on timing (try to play it even tighter) and to make it sound smoother. Both thing will be achieved with more days of practice. I also think that Ben's comments regarding your wrist are VERY important and that will help you to play this lesson with much more groove.

Keep on the good job! wink.gif
Darius Wave
I think this one needs some more practice. As Ben said - at the beginning some notes from the chords are not cutting through. I also feel like the distortion You choose for this one sounds a bit plastic - like a chewing gum smile.gif)) This definitely needs some work. Aside from this I liked You focus through all the take. For me the Your right hand is a bit too tight / tensed. You made some basic - now it's time to add the groove smile.gif
Fran
Pass: 7.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.