Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocking Tune - Beginner
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Storm Linnebjerg
Original lesson: Rocking Tune - Beginner by Muris Varajic

Playing standing up for the first time in years. I know there are a few mistakes, but I felt I was ready to throw this out there.

Darius Wave
Ben - You have to go back to the previous set-up. It sounds like You p.a and guitar amp are directed in two opposite directions - this might be the reason of phase issues. ...Unless it's just an guitar fx...but it doesn't do any good in this take if it';s so. As for the playing...what took my attention as a very first problem what's the tune of the bends. I'm sure (after some of Your previous takes) You do hear properly and You are able to get realy good'n'clean pitch.

As for the other flaws:

1:37 - this bend is out of pitch. You should play the way we could see it biggrin.gif
2:19 - Very good fast run...so soft, that...I couldn't heard it tongue.gif
3,18 - this note is a bit of tune...sooo much "a bit" that it even made my screen black tongue.gif

No other complains smile.gif Pretty nice job but...since I know You can do better, I won't be so polite this time smile.gif))
Cosmin Lupu
Hey Ben!

Looks like Darius got here first and he chopped through your take tongue.gif Well, I agree with him, because as he said - we KNOW you can do a lot better, so the only thing I would add, is that you should make the recordings when you are not tired smile.gif I am sure that some external factor caused the little faults that Darius observed, so please go back to the drawing board and shoot another round!

Keep rocking,

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi mate, I think that Cosmin and Darius already gave you the right tips to improve this lesson. I'm sure that you can notice many of this issues and that the fact that you are playing stood makes it more difficult. But it's a great practice to be able to play good in a live situation.
Keep on practising standing up! smile.gif
Ben Higgins
Good take but, as the lads say, you can improve on it yet. No more observations to add smile.gif
Fran
Keep practicing! 6.75
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.