Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Staccato Power Chords
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Rammikin
Original lesson: Staccato Power Chords by Ben Higgins

Darius Wave
He mate! Nice to see You working hard constantly smile.gif Your hand positions look very well - also right hand movements but...There is still headroom to improve precission. Sometimes I can hear A note in the background, while You play E power chord (0:03 -0:04; 0:07 for example) - try to focus on it so the 3rd string would be muted instead of making a sus4 chor for a while.

At 0:04 You had some problems to precisely grab that shape.

When there are breaks between chords it should be perfect silence - it's to much noise from moving hands outthere 0:15 - 0:18

There are also little timming issues - I think this could be more a matter of focusing then practice smile.gif

Take a look at Bens original lesson - he does the second half (first pattern) with the upstrokes as an opposite to the first part (downstrokes)

Ben uses pretty high gain at his lesson and You can hear some noises at breaks but those are only "slide noises". You use low amount of gain that is possible to get 100% clean breaks smile.gif Try to think about it once You play the lesson again.

Your mechnisms of both hands are very good - You are already used to make a "noise gate" of both hands - now it's only a matter to increase the treshold wink.gif
Ben Higgins
Darius has noticed everything I needed to say. The breaks between the chords are opportunities for you to practice total muting - complete silence. No rogue string noises.

The last 3 chords at the end need to be a bit more tied together.. no pause between them. Other than that, very good smile.gif
Cosmin Lupu
Hey man - I think that Darius and Ben have pointed out the important spots. The thing that I want to highlight here, would be the unwanted string noise - it is something that is recurring in your playing and it would be great to focus on solving these in all the aspects of your playing.

Keep rocking!

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi Rammikin! I think that you are on the right track with this lesson. You still have to practice this lesson, and also some other lessons that include power chords to feel more comfortable with the chord changes. There are some chord that sound muted, weird and some timing issues as the other instructors marked. Keep on the hard work.
Fran
6.5 Keep practicing!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.