Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deftones Style
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Rammikin
Original lesson: Deftones Style by Cosmin Lupu

Cosmin Lupu
Hey buddy!

I am honored you chose this one smile.gif See, it might not seem as a complicated piece but the atmosphere created in the beginning for instance relies in the timing - the notes are delayed in comparison with the tempo. I also notice you have altered the lead phrases a bit - I don't know if you did it on purpose or by accident though smile.gif

At 1:40-1:41 timing is a little bit shaky and not in harmony with the drums. I think you could focus on these details for a second take and in general, pay attention to the details - it's a thing I noticed in time, regarding your takes.

All the best,

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi man! Cosming already gave the right feedback for this take. I think that the two most important things to improve are timing and chord changes. Regarding chord changes, I note that sometimes you are a bit insecure with it and this is something that will be fixed with more practice. Keep on playing this one concentrating on timing. wink.gif
Darius Wave
As far as I'm a big fan of Deftones...I have a sentiment for that kind of playing but You see...I agree with Gabriel and Cosmin. Timing problems are too much below the tolerance point and You have to keep working on it smile.gif Hope to see Your nex take smile.gif
Fran
Almost there, 6.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.