Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beginner's Corner 1: Open Chords
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
carminemarotta
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 1: Open Chords by Bear Rose

After a long time, another take from me. Starting from the very beginning. Thanks Carmine

Cosmin Lupu
Hey Carmine! Welcome back man!

I think you need more flow on this one as it sounds a little bit rigid at this point - I think that you should try to listen to the drums more and get in the groove, k? The tone has a little too much bass in it. You told me you recorded using Jam Vox - maybe lower the bass, add some highs and pump up just a bit more gain in the preamp you are using?

Keep up the good work mate!

Cosmin
Gabriel Leopardi
Hi friend! It's nice to see you back! I think that your take is good but as Cosmin said you could work a bit more on your timing to make it sound more with the groove. Your tone also could be improved, it sounds a bit saturated.
Ben Higgins
Greetings Carmine !

Good to see you back in the land of the REC again biggrin.gif

This is generally pretty good. There are a few places where it was a bit out of time. However, the sparse nature of the strumming pattern means that it is easy to come in slightly too early or late.. when there is more strumming then it can be easier to stay with the beat. So that explains why that seems harder.

It's just more practise and relaxation, that's all smile.gif
Fran
Pass: 7.7
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.