Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gitarrero - Tom Morello Style
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Gitarrero
Hi guys,
this is my try at Marcus' Tom Morello lesson. I recorded it with a V-Amp 3. Actually, I did two takes, one for the rhythm part and one for the solo part in order to kick in the effects. I don't have a possibility to activate them with a stomp box, so I recorded the solo two minutes later...hope that is okay, couldn't find anything in the guidelines.

Bogdan Radovic
Very good take! Pay attention to getting those rhythm parts really tight with the drums (listen to the backing more closely). Also there are some noises, try to mute strings you're not playing etc, you could try lowering gain a bit it will help get it cleaner. Good job overall! smile.gif
Lian Gerbino
hey Chris, nice take!
I gave you a 7 on this one.
as Bogdan said, you need to get a tighter sound and more timing here and there, but, since I started to put an eye on your playing, you have improved a lot on these things. and also, I see you have learned a very long lesson, and a one not that easy! so, I'd give a higher grade, but the solo part is not that good. I think that part need more work on intonation, bends, and vibrato. things you already showed to have some good skills.
so, I think you worked well on that rhythmic part but you put less effort on the solo part.
anyway, this is all about, to find things to improve and keep practising!

well done bro!
cya!
Adrian Figallo
pretty cool man!
you have to relax a lil bit here, the tempo is kind off slow, make it heavy, make it dirty!

a lil less dist for the next too.
Ivan Milenkovic
Timing needs to be improved on this one, it lags, like Adrian said. Keeping it tight with the drums will help. Muting technique needs improving too. But it's a great take, with very solid playing, well done!
Lale Nikic
too loose for a morrelo lesson...you should try attacking the strings a bit harder and muting the strings more with both hands while palm muting...7
Santiago Diaz Garces
Maybe, you should try to play it a little slower and understand where goes every little note you're playing. You have to be a wall between the backing and yourself. Playing it slower will allow you too to pay more atenttion to your palm muting, that is not bad, but it could totally be better. But don't worry, you're in the right way wink.gif
skennington
Real close on this one man, 7.3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.