> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Alternate Picking Workout #2, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

George Hlio
Apr 27 2018, 07:46 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Alternate Picking Workout #2 by Darius Wave

Building my alternate picking technique foundation with this beautiful lesson!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 29 2018, 03:54 AM
GMC:er
WOW!! Was not expecting this to be so spiff!! I saw the original lesson with those crazy bits about half way through and was expecting you to struggle a bit. Should have known better. NOT THE SPARTAN!!!!! No sir. Just walked in and kicked it's butt. Well played. This is a complex piece with a LOT of notes in it. Then it goes nuts about 50 seconds in and you start playing quasipeggios! Nicely built lesson I must say and very well executed by you!! All of your technique is on display here because all of it is required to play this piece! Splendid palm muting per usual, spot on hand synch, clean pick strikes, good sense of the groove of thee piece, and good tone.

In short you showed it who was BOSS! Solid 7 from me.
Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2018, 05:52 PM
Instructor
Hi again George!!

This take is another WIN! This is one of the techniques that need work and you did a great job with this lesson! You could continue training that right hand to be able to play those palm muted patterns with more strenght but I also think that maybe it's time for a new AP lesson.

Except by some little timing details, I don't notice any relevant issue to fix here, you did a great job, congrats!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 1 2018, 10:53 AM
Instructor
Agree with guys above. This one is a win of yours. Each note is exactly the one from the tabs and you also managed the reverse picking in the final part which seemd to be often forgotten by some other students (played startting from downstroke instead of upstroke). There are only minor moments of hesitation that affects your timing. Also there some kind of pitch issue on the g-string...especially audiable when you play fretted notes for exchange with open G3 string. In general this is a very nice take. It will be perfect someday when you workout your right hand tone (the thing we've been through at some of previous takes). I full of good thoughts on your future progress smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
May 4 2018, 08:20 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 06:18 AM