> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Open Chords Rock Rhythm, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Shaneb
Apr 13 2018, 06:07 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Open Chords Rock Rhythm by Gabriel Leopardi

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2018, 08:25 PM
Instructor
Hi Shaneb! Cool to see you working on this lesson!

There are not serious issues on this take, but there are two main elements that need your attention in order to polish your rhythm playing:

- Timing: Your timing is not bad, but there is room to adjust it and make everything sound tighter. You tend to go a bit before the beat with chord changes and stumming. Put all your focus on going tighter with the drums. Playing with your eyes closed can help, try it!

- Tuning: There are some pitch issues when playing the higher strings. This can be related to guitar tuning, or maybe too much fingers pressure. Try to discover what the reason is.

Once you polish these issues, your overall take will improve a lot, and we'll be able to see if there are any more details to adjust. Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 16 2018, 11:52 AM
Instructor
Hey there!
First of all really nice, vintage tone smile.gif

Let me spot some mistakes first:

0:06 - the upper line is missing (1st voice) the notes that should sound of 1st string and are part of melody. They are clearly missing
0:09 - the lick ending the riff has some problems with unwanted strings ringing under the ones we want to hear.
0:12 - the same situation as 0:06 - missing notes on first string (non-audiable)
At the end theres a missing pinch harmonic comparing to original

As for general observations you need to focus much more on the pitch thing because pitch issues affects all your perfeormance much more than single mistakes. You need to fret notes only as hard as necessary. Otherwise you generate pitch up's. Even if your guitar has been nicely tuned to open strings only...it's usually not enough. Remember that guitar is a "compromise" kind of instrument. Sometimes you need to take a few cents off the note that is perfect pitch-wise, to ma the other one sound less out of pitch. Fret a few notes and recheck on your tuner. Of course...it's best to recheck the ones you will use in your recording.

Second thing is timing....it flows a little too much but that a kind of playing aspect that developes with time of playing so it will surely boost while you'll be playing more and more smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 18 2018, 09:04 AM
GMC Founder
Cool Shane,

Overall I like the feel of this one. IN general you have a playful attitude towards the groove, which is great. This is something we often lack in REC takes. It's easy to get stiff once you push the red button.

Improvement wise, what sticks out the most to me are the levels - as your guitar is much louder than the backing. If you can achieve a more balanced mix - the whole take will benefit from the mojo contained within the backing.

Keep up the good work - you get a 7 from me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 27 2018, 07:39 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 07:50 AM