> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Blues Lines, Lesson By Sinisa Cekic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Feb 11 2016, 11:36 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Blues Lines by Sinisa Cekic

My first take of this lesson so you guys can see the progress. greetz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2016, 02:22 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim,

This lesson is also very demanding and shows that you need to work on some aspects of your technique:

- Vibrato: Your vibrato is weak yet.
- Bending: It's not bad on this take but it can be more precise.
- Alternate Picking: The last licks are not sounding clean. The licks are really fast and your hands don't keep in sync.

As I said on the other lesson, I feel that you need to do some extra work to be able to master these lessons that are a bit over your current level. We started talking via PM and I've just opened your mentoring program to work together so it's time to start!

Two extra details:

- Try to avoid right hand fingers movement when playing with alternate picking. The movement should start from your wrist. Check out Sinisa's right hand in the lesson and compare it with yours.

- The same with the thumb of your left hand, check it, and compare it with Sinisa's. There is a difference that if you change it will help you to make your playing more consistent and stronger.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 16 2016, 07:24 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim, you gave a lot of effort in this one and even though it's above your level you performed a lot of the blues phrases, especially in the first half, really well.

Your timing was better than I've heard it before as well smile.gif

This lesson is full of lots of little small bends at the end of a phrase. Often they require you to bend up by just a semitone or sometimes even less. But the idea is that you bend up and then push it higher slightly just before cutting the note of completely. Listen to Sinisa at 0:06 in his version. You can hear how the bend goes slightly higher just before he pulls the finger off the fretboard.

Watch out for the pitch of the bend at 0:44. Notice that Sinisa plays a semitone bend on the first one.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Feb 21 2016, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim!
It's clear that you feel the blues and you have a nice sense of phrasing. Unfotunately you need to spend more time on getting things really precise. The trick of blues lessons is an amount of very tiny details hidden under each lick. Like Ben said - there are some ornament kind of bends that have nbo particular pitch - sort of "lead to nowhere thing" that just builds the tension.

Final lick is still not done properly.

Interesting thing is that in this lesson your bends seems to sound more in tune than when you were making a take of bending lesson.

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 22 2016, 07:09 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 08:45 AM