> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Muse Goes Stoner, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Alex5
Aug 14 2015, 02:13 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Muse Goes Stoner by Gabriel Leopardi

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 14 2015, 10:32 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Congrats on your first REC take!

There basically two main things to have in mind during the next days of practice. The first one is timing. You are not going tight along with the backing. There are timing issues in many parts of the lesson. I could say that the whole lesson has timing issues, since the riffs are not being played precise, and the problem becomes even more important around 00:48, 00:50.

I think that the best way to work and improve this is to practice at a slower tempo, and trying to follow the beat with your foot (tapping with your foot) and if possible also with your head. This will help you to assimilate and feel the groove.

Another thing that I note here is that you should work on articulation of the riff's notes. The notes sound like with staccato while the original lesson's riffs sound smoother. This can be related to the fact that you quit your left hand fingers too early, or maybe you are muting the notes too much with the palm of your right hand. Please check it.

These are the first 2 steps to start polishing this one. Please work on it, and then we will focus on other things like dynamics and vibrato.

Cheers!

PS: We are starting a mentoring thread with Alex5 HERE, and this is the first assignment.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 17 2015, 03:54 PM
Instructor
Hey there buddy!

I'm sure you know there is still some work to be done on this one. 2 very clear issue here is the timming (very often you go out of tempo). Before practice or recording make sure you hear the backing track properly (loud enough to match your playing with bass drum and snare drum from the backing).

Levels - decrease guitar track and background track volumes so the overall volume (master track) will no be clipping. There is a clear distortion in your audio and it's a digital distortion (not the guitar dist we do like instead).

Notes connection - always move and release your lefthand at the very last,m possible moment. Otherwise you create breaks between notes. In Gab's original take you can hear that notes are "glued" together almost like with legato technique. In your take they are way too much separated

Dynamics - another field to work on but it worth analysis when you'll be ready with some essentials like timming - everything in a proper time smile.gif))

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 18 2015, 10:16 AM
Instructor
Hi, welcome to the REC zone!

I see Gabriel has started you with some mid tempo rock riffs - this will give you plenty of different aspects to work on during your practise time.

As the guys have said, your timing is the first thing that will need attention. At the moment, you are rushing a bit but this can be caused by trying to overcompensate for your fingers being a bit slow and clumsy at this stage. This is ok - it's something we all had to deal with.

Towards the end of the video you go the opposite way and get left behind by the backing... so timing is a big priority.

Your fretting hand is still developing so we cannot expect it to move across the neck like a pro at this stage but you can continue to work and get it moving more naturally as time goes by.

The other things like picking will come to you as well but I would say that working on rhythm is going to help you immediately. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 20 2015, 11:42 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nice try, 3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:56 PM