> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Classic Punk: Sex Pistols, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Anese
Jul 16 2015, 02:29 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Classic Punk: Sex Pistols by Gabriel Leopardi

Hello :)

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=54590

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2015, 04:59 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! We've been working on this one at the mentoring thread and I can say that it shows improvements compared to your previous take.

Your timing is better on the whole take and the tuning is also a bit better. But regarding tuning, I noted that you are doing too much pressure with your left hand fingers, and sometimes you slightly bend the notes that you are playing so the tuning is not precise. This happens mostly over the D5 chord and on the bridge's riff. This is also generated because you are not playing this relaxed, your hands and body look tense.

I think that you need to continue practicing this one trying to relax your hands and body while you do it. This will solve the tuning issue and will make this sound groovier and smoother.

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 17 2015, 10:48 AM
Instructor
So we have a visible improvemnt, yet not perfect - let's take a look at some more details. Tuning sound better - still a bit of at some points but in deed you spend some more time to make it closer to perfection. I wondering on your right hand - too much of the forearm and not enough of the wrist involved in this strumming. Try to release some tension from the right hand - let your wrist do the job - at the moment it looks tensed.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 20 2015, 09:31 AM
Instructor
Hi this is a much better take. As the guys say, tuning and tension are your main issues at the moment.

Tuning - You've already been given the best advice here which relates to how much tension you exert when fretting notes. The harder you push down on a string, the higher in pitch it goes. So tuning is a 2 part strategy. First, check that the tuning is actually right. Then it's down to you, the player, to fret your chords and keep them sounding even. But you're definitely on the right track so keep going.

Tension - You are using too much arm motion here which is unnecessary and will tire you out. Watch my video here about hand positions for speed picking. Even though the video is about speed picking, the same rules apply to strumming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vfT0k7nPNs

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 23 2015, 11:12 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:39 PM