How To Write A Melody Video On Youtube, melodies
TJHarrison5252
May 19 2015, 04:49 AM
GMC:er
I came across something really cool thought I would share it w/ the community! I'm still a rookie have to admit. Sparks a really good debate about playing what you feel instead of being robot like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl-V2IsUprQ...mp;spfreload=10

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by TJHarrison5252: May 19 2015, 05:30 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 19 2015, 12:15 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks I checked the first 10 minutes (while changing strings - ha- that's how slow I am).

I think the content of this video is great, and I like to use such tools when writing music - especially when I get stuck.

As pointed out the idea is not to use this as guide for inspiration, but rather to help you understand the mechanics of melody writing.

Also, a super simple melody which sounds very boring played on the piano - can sound amazing when sung over a cool riff etc. So there are no rules but lots of tools, and this video covers them well.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 19 2015, 04:05 PM
GMC:er
Melody or harmony is almost always about context.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 04:52 AM