> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Jumping Harmonies, Lesson By Diego Budicin
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Jim S.
Mar 30 2015, 11:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Jumping Harmonies by Diego Budicin

I know it's not perfect and I was actually pretty mad when I recorded this. What do I need to do?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2015, 07:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Jim!

This is not an easy lesson and I think that you can play most the the trickier parts very smoothly. The main issues appear when you have to use hybrid picking, mostly on the first part. There you are not playing the rhythm tight and clean. The solo section has some moments that need to be adjusted because timing is not totally tight or some licks are not clean.

What do you need? You need to be happy because your playing and technique are REALLY good, continue practicing, isolate the trickier parts and work on them at slower tempos until you master them.

Keep on rocking. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 1 2015, 09:37 AM
Instructor
Hi Jim, that wasn't bad at all. You asked what was wrong with it.. in a word; timing. That's it. Nothing too bad going on at all.

During the opening hybrid section you get the first finger roll quite well, the timing goes awry around 0:08 when you've got to get 3 consecutive hits in. It just rushes a bit there.

As for everything else, you've got the phrasing fine.. it just doesn't necessarily occur when it should. Some of the licks begin a fraction late so you're racing to fit them in.

If I was playing this lesson, remembering how to time the phrases would definitely be the trickiest part. So don't be too hard on yourself. It's easy to say that, I know how mad I would get if I can't get something down the way I want it.

But there's nothing wrong with your playing, just need to get the timing.. being frustrated will knock your timing out anyway smile.gif

Btw, that is a damn fine tone you're using, reminds me of Satch's tone on parts of the Surfing album, particularly the solos on Echo.

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Apr 1 2015, 09:38 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 2 2015, 08:28 PM
Instructor
Hey Jim! Great to see You working hard on Your technique! smile.gif You're a bit after the beat in most cases. It looks like You still have to rethink every move on the fretboard while playing. The hard thing about technical lessons is that You really need to make them work perfect in Your head first - You have to be completely sure where each finger goes before You even start to move it. Some licks simply doesn't leave any headroom for thinking where to place Your hand. I'm sure You could get very far with this one if You spend some more time. Try to reach the moment when You don't have to think what to play. Then You'll be free to relax and focus on perfect timming and feel. But don't get sad - it's not an easy lesson and You did a lot of work here smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 5 2015, 05:09 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:01 PM