> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Beginner's Corner 25: Alternate Picking, Lesson By Bear Rose
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Tom51
Dec 29 2014, 09:47 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 25: Alternate Picking by Bear Rose

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=53574

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 29 2014, 12:35 PM
Instructor
Your pick attack is a bit more confident but it still needs more consistency. I can't see how you're holding the pick but I wondered if you've changed the grip so that it rests on the side of your index finger.

Your left hand movements are a bit hit and miss so don't neglect them. I know it;s a lesson focused on pick work but if you get the small things right now, like hand co-ordination, then it'll be easier later when you start looking at more challenging stuff.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 29 2014, 06:34 PM
Instructor
Just a type for Your future takes - we need to see Your right hand clearly...as well as Your left hand. In this particular vid we can see what happens with Your left hand but not necesary the right one. I would recommend to record from such and angle that could show us what is happening with Your pick position as well smile.gif

This take is a bit better so the practise is not wasted smile.gif But...You still need some time to get things done. I think I would start from looking at where Your rest Your picking hand. I can't see any particular point (very often it's the back of the bridge and Your soft part of the palm. Your wrist still looks tensed. This might be caused by inproper hand position. Try to watch Your own video and compare to other players. You'll see where to spot the difference smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 30 2014, 08:46 AM
Instructor
Hey again mate smile.gif

I agree with the guys and yes, it's a bit better in comparison to the last one, but still please take into account the observations pointed out by the guys and revise the ones given in your previous take as well. Please watch the way in which the details of the lesson are presented in the main video and in the slowed down ones, as well.

Try to copy Bear's position when it comes down to the right hand and also, make sure your left hand doesn't stray. Practicing slowly and focusing on observing if the left hand is playing all the notes would be a good place to begin the revision.

All the best,

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 31 2014, 05:31 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:39 PM