> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 3: Beginner's Corner 25: Alternate Picking, Lesson By Bear Rose
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Rhida
Sep 19 2014, 04:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 25: Alternate Picking by Bear Rose

Let see if my timing is better with this one;

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52949
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=52991

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2014, 06:08 PM
Instructor
Hi Rhida! Nice to find another take of this lesson from you. smile.gif

Let me say that I can note that your timing is getting better! This take is much better compared with the previous takes of this same lesson. This means that you took our suggestions and practicing with them in mind. Dynamics are also better on this take. The next step is to make timing even tighter. You tend to play a bit before the beat in many parts, the problem is not big but it's there so be patient and wait a millisecond before you play each note... biggrin.gif

Keep on the great job!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 20 2014, 03:50 PM
Instructor
Hey there mate smile.gif

As Gabi said, there's definitely improvement here, so I will also congratulate you on your efforts. All you have to do is practice more with the original lesson in order to get the right timing and groove and why not, even send me a PM with a recording you have done in this fashion. I would like to help out by telling you in which spots the timing and groove seemed out of place, so please let me know if you are up for it, ok?

All the best!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 21 2014, 04:46 PM
Instructor
I'm going to be repeating what the other guys have already said. Your efforts are definitely noticeable but you're still having issues with being in front of the beat.

Try this next time:

Try to actually play behind the beat on purpose just to feel what it's like. You need to truly understand the relationship between what you're feeling / doing and what you're hearing from the backing track (which will one day be other band members)

Once you've played way behind the beat you can start slowly bringing it forward until it sounds as if you are right on it. But in order to be on the beat you need to know what it sounds like to be in front (which you know) and what it sounds like to be behind. You need to know what is wrong before you can know what's right. So that's my suggestions. Have a go at it. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Sep 21 2014, 04:47 PM

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 22 2014, 06:18 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:06 AM