> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Linear Shred Zone, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Huargo
Jun 21 2014, 12:33 PM
Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Linear Shred Zone by Ben Higgins

Hi guys one more fallen in the linear shred zone!
be ruthless!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by huargo: Jun 21 2014, 02:22 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2014, 07:20 PM
Instructor
Hey mate!

You are a clean picker and you understood the idea of the lesson and it's structure, but in respect to speed, you still have to practice slow in my opinion. Use the provided slow backing tracks in order to nail the fast picking phrases at a slower tempo in perfect timing and sync between the left and right hand and then raise the speed, while maintaining the sync wink.gif It's pretty much all you need to do if you are to ask me smile.gif

Please focus on this aspect and I am sure you will nail this lesson!

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 23 2014, 06:24 PM
Instructor
Hi huargo! This take lesson is SO promising but there are two words that you need to be patient and work on this stuff slowly for some more time to be sure that you keep both hands synchronized. It is not recommended to practice something bad played fast, the only thing that you get is to be able to play the bad thing faster. Who want's to achieve it?

As Cosmin said, slowly down your metronome and start practicing this one every day, increasing the speed as soon you feel comfortable and can play the licks tight.

Take our suggestion and your shred playing will improve dramatically!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 23 2014, 07:42 PM
Instructor
Hi David, this is a great attempt. You've got a really good picking technique. It looks really relaxed and efficient.

Fretting hand movement is also good.

The co ordination is still lacking at this speed though. I would say you're about 5 or 10 bpm away from the target speed at the moment.

Try about 10bpm lower and do shorter bursts with some pauses in between. See if the hands are in synchronisation whilst you do this.

I think you can play at the required speed.. but both of your hands are just not quite working together at that speed. So just work on the synchronisation at a lower speed and push it a bit further every day or every few days. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 24 2014, 04:17 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:42 PM