> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Time To Gallop, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Timmez
Jan 23 2014, 05:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Time To Gallop by Ben Higgins

Here this rhytm lesson. I tried it a few weeks now with thanks to the hlp of Cosmin. thanks in advance! grtzz tim

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 23 2014, 06:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim, it's good to hear you working on this one. I find that medium tempo gallops are always fun to play.

Ok, onto the details. You obviously already know to play the gallops on one string only whilst hitting the occasional power chord on the changes. That's good. Sometimes the chords don't sound full enough, as if you're only catching the root note.. so just try to get the chords sounding more full - make sure you're catching both strings whenever there is a power chord. You probably are playing it right but your picking might not be consistent enough when you need to hit 2 strings.

Other than that it's just a few timing issues here and there when you change position.

You're already doing the right thing by using a mild distortion instead of totally saturated gain. This is good, it means you can hear what you're doing.

Try to work on those areas I've highlighted and I'm sure we'll see some improvements smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2014, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I think that Ben marked the most important things. I would like to add that sometimes the reason why your gallop doesn't sound full is also because you are muting too much with the palm of your right hand. Experiment with the strength that you do with your right hand and also with the position, if you go closer to the bridge, the note will sound fuller.

That's all, keep on the hard work! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 24 2014, 10:03 AM
Instructor
Hey Tim! Ben's words are the reference here. Good approach but yet still some practice needed. I also agree about the mid gain setup smile.gif Well done smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 24 2014, 01:37 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 6.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:49 AM