> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 4: Alternate Picking Workout #2, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Timmez
Nov 29 2013, 04:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Alternate Picking Workout #2 by Darius Wave

so it has taken a long time but now i now how my audio interface works. So my firts take is here. grtzz!

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=50434
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=50455
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=50489

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 29 2013, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Your getting better nad better with this one! smile.gif This take is much better than the previous but we still have a lot of details to work on wink.gif

I think there's no need to point other aspect before fixing the most importantone. PICKING DIRECTION.

One of the things that we are not allowed to change or to keep random is the direction of Your picking. The direction I show is the "key thing" i each alternate picking lesson. Direction assignment is a must learn - it's all about it when it comes to skipping strings etc. When I watch Your take I see that You use random picking and THIS IS THE CAUSE of many alternate picking problems. Once you learn how to get some usefull habits then You'll keep that skill for any future thing You play. If You miss those, You'll not profit with what's most important in the lesson.

Any way this take is a huge progress and I admire Your attitude! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 30 2013, 12:48 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! It's great to see you working hard on this lesson! I think that Darius marked one of the most important things that you must fix to improve your alternate picking technique. The other thing that I noted is that you are moving your right hand fingers when you play with your pick. My suggestion is to focus on starting the motion from your wrist and a bit from your elbow but avoid moving your fingers. You will find this useful to achieve higher speed.

So keep on playing this one with both things in mind and you will note big improvements soon.

Cheers!

Gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 30 2013, 10:22 AM
Instructor
Hi, Darius and Gabriel have some good advice already. I would add something about the finger / thumb movement of your picking hand:

You don't want to try and attain the alternate picking motion by pushing and pulling your thumb joint. The only time that you need (and not all people need to) to move your thumb joint is to slightly help you when crossing strings. Even then, you don't want to deliberately try to mimic this. If your hand wants to do it then it will start doing automatically during string changes..

So try to concentrate the picking motion along the line from from thumb to wrist joint. Keep your grip on the pick consistent (not too tight) and don't move your thumb deliberately. Just allow the whole hand to move using your wrist as a pivot point. Maybe this video I made might help you look at wrist angles more smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vfT0k7nPNs

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 30 2013, 08:00 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Congrats on having a strong mindset and tackling this lesson!

I think that if you take the time to analyze the advices given by the guys, you will end up with the right tools to progress even further and especially correct the technique you are learning smile.gif A good serious and solid base, will stay with you all your life wink.gif

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 1 2013, 01:25 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 6.25

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:41 PM