> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 6: Metal For Rockers!, Lesson By Adrian Figallo
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Rammikin
Oct 1 2013, 12:41 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Metal For Rockers! by Adrian Figallo

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=46082
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=45589
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=45605
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=45663
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=45995

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2013, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'm comparing this take with the previous one and I don't think there is a difference in timing. I think that there are two things on your technique that you should review to improve this take:

- You are moving your right hand fingers too much, I think that you should try to start the motion from your wrist to be able to play faster and smoother.

- You are muting too much the string with the palm of your right hand and you are not getting a good sound during the muted sections, the notes are not noticeable.

I think that you should practice this one at slower tempo and be sure that you can make it sound good and tight.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 2 2013, 09:56 AM
Instructor
Hi man, You've nailed the part starting from 0:37 - well done.

The rest of the lesson still suffers from;

Inconsistent muting. The 3 notes at the beginning don't stand out like they should. The only way to deal with this is to make sure you're picking them cleanly and positively.. and make sure the left hand is co-ordinated with it.

You have a tendency to miss off notes at the end of a phrase (like the beginning) or chords at the end of a riff (like the A#5 on the 'Master of Puppets' style verses. It looks like your hand is covering the areas but the notes are not sounding. It could be because you're already moving your left hand away before you've properly picked it ? It's worth looking at closely to try and diagnose the issue.

I'm not sure if's the tone you're using but there's an overall scratchy sound to your riffing. It sounds more 'garage band' than hard rock. I can't say for sure without being in the same room as you so try to work on your palm muting still.. I notice you curve your hand upwards when muting the low E, leaving the strings underneath free to ring out. This may be happening during other parts as well ?? I dunno, you have to be the judge by having a closer look smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 2 2013, 01:59 PM
Instructor
I'm a kind of player whoe does Use right hand fingers movement (circle picking) a lot but...still it happens at some particular tempo range. I tried a few moments of this lesson to see what's happening in there. I would keep the pick steady (no fingers movements) at this tempo to get harder strokes and better timming. Also I think Your pick angle could be to small and I could could make strings skipping harder (pick stucking while changing the string You play on).

Try to look at You recording or on the mirror and compare to the pick angle of Adrian main lesson video. Also You can see there how wide are his wrist movements.

I think those tips could help If You give them a try for some time:

1. Remove fingers movement (right hand)
2. Insreace pick angle
2. Make wider wrist movements
3. Change right hand resting point - move Your hand up, more towards the low strings (so You will have E6 "cutting Your hand in the exact middle of hand - including pinky length)

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 2 2013, 05:37 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:45 AM