> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 3: Blues Dynamics, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 4 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Timmez
Sep 10 2013, 07:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Blues Dynamics by Piotr Kaczor

another take. Thanks

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=49949
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=49975

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2013, 06:13 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I compared this new take with the previous one and I have to say that the first section still need some work on bends (00:12, 00:25) and the slides (00:19), and the whole part need some more picking work to sound clearer and to improve your articulation. The slower parts are better now, and your bends are more precise there. So concentrate mostly on the first section an keep on working on dynamics for the second part. There are some bends at 1:47 that are also a bit out of pitch.

That's all, keep on working! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 11 2013, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Hi, Gab has made some good points. In general, keep working on string bending. You're quite good when the bends are slower but I can hear the difficulty you're experiencing when playing the faster bends. They still sound quite awkward.

You're getting better but this one will take a while to really master. The levels of phrasing and control that Piotr has put into this lesson is very high so don't be surprised or disheartened if it takes longer than you thought. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 11 2013, 11:39 PM
Instructor
Hey again friend! smile.gif Watch out for some basic issues like - You cover the speakers behing You so again they started to sound like recorded in You first videos and Your guitar became too loud because of that. If You are not able to record with external microphone then finding the position of camera and playing gear is only way to fix this. Best performance would be when Your pc speakers and guitar amp would be placed in the same place and directed to the same position + You have to make some experiments with camera position:

1. You could stand closer to pc desk and try to make speakers visible on both of Your sides - this will make sure that full range of (especially) high frequencies will be received by the camera.

2. Gear vs camera angle changes the tone. If You put Your practice amp on the desk or very close to it (on some chair or any box). Once again - try to rotate it so the video viewer will see the front of the amp

Look at our friend from GMC gear position. I know he records his audio in external program but...this kind of position of speakers and amp would give much better audio quality from the camera:

Of course if Your amp could be at similar height to the pc speakers that would be all best You could do by now smile.gif

As for the playing there are no more issues to explain - all pointed before. Again progresds is visible - especially in the bending pitch section but there are still problems with some random open striungs ringing in background.

Give me a sign or Contact me via Private MEssage - I could help You with the best, possible set-up for recording smile.gif Cheers!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2013, 10:02 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - I am here to grade only, as the guys said it all. I also have a suggestion - can you post a let's say..50% speed recording using one of the slow backing tracks, in a post in the Practice room? or if you wish, send it to me in PM smile.gif I am curious to see if you can play everything well at that tempo.

Keep rocking!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 13 2013, 04:04 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:46 PM