> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

John Frusciante Style Lesson, Lesson By Gabriel Leopardi
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

Marfol
Jan 14 2012, 01:46 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: John Frusciante Style Lesson by Gabriel Leopardi

Hope you enjoy... RHCP always one of my favourit bands...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 14 2012, 04:40 PM
Instructor
Hi my friend smile.gif

Your timing was accurate and followed the lesson well. There were 3 main areas that could do with some attention from you to improve the sound of it.

At 0:22 you bend a different note to the lesson.

String bends - they could do with some work.. the last bend wasn't up to the correct pitch which will make it sound out of tune to the listener.

Your guitar as a whole was out of tune with the backing.. it sounded slightly too high so take care to tune it to standard tuning before recording.

If you take care of those little areas you'll be there ! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2012, 06:00 PM
Instructor
It is a good take man, but it need some little adjustment to be perfect! As Ben said, there is a bend in a different note compared to the lesson. You have to concentrate on the pitch of your bends and obviously check what happened with the tuning of your guitar. Maybe the strings are old, the guitar need some professional adjustment or you just forgot to check the tuning before recording.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2012, 09:18 PM
Instructor
Excellent job with the timing, you have a good talent for it I can tell. Bending with the index finger can be more improved, and like Ben said, you bended wrong note there @ 0.22 Guitar is little out of tune as well, so that should be fixed before recording

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 14 2012, 11:27 PM
Instructor
I bet you can better than this wink.gif ! The guitar is out of tune and it spoils the overall impression. You modified lesson a bit (nothing bad, and even I like it). The timing is correct and I haven't objections ..

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 16 2012, 04:06 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
6.75 on this one man, keep practicing it and give it another shot!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:51 PM