The Whole Lesson At A Slower Tempo Possible?, anyone in for a whole lesson in a slower tempo?
playaxeman
Feb 27 2009, 09:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi GMC

The first video in the lesson is a fast version.

In the next vids the lesson is broken into fast and slow pieces. This is great.

For practising matter I sometimes have the need the play the whole solo or lesson along with the Instructor at a slower tempo then the first video to get every bend, slide, legato run in tune, in time, etc.

I wonder am i the only one for this or are there other people in needs of this also. If so maybe the instructors will include a slower version a the whole lesson the play along with in a slower tempo.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Feb 27 2009, 10:01 PM
Instructor
Sound like a good idea, lets see what Kris has to say.

we would upload another video with a slow version, or included in the main video?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Feb 27 2009, 10:05 PM
Instructor
yeah, could be cool, sometimes I add some slow parts sometimes I dont.
but if this could be useful for many members we could do it, let´s see what kris say.

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 27 2009, 10:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Feb 27 2009, 10:01 PM) *
Sound like a good idea, lets see what Kris has to say.

we would upload another video with a slow version, or included in the main video?

Hi Jose

I think a another video that will be easier to repeat some parts

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 27 2009, 11:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Feb 27 2009, 10:05 PM) *
yeah, could be cool, sometimes I add some slow parts sometimes I dont.
but if this could be useful for many members we could do it, let´s see what kris say.

Yeah Lian,

I hope he is in favour biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 28 2009, 12:08 AM
Instructor
It is a good idea mate. I only can say that it is difficult for some lessons to play it slower and in tempo, like some syncopated stuff, but in general it can be done. Let's hear what Kris has to say about it! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Artemus
Feb 28 2009, 12:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Good idea.
Currently I sometimes sneakily record the first video and then use my media player to slow it down to a tempo I'm comfortable with. I think most media players are capable of this without changing the pitch. There's also a program called Amazing Slow Downer I think..
Although usually I use the guitarpro tracks for this.

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 28 2009, 12:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Artemus @ Feb 28 2009, 12:14 AM) *
Good idea.
Currently I sometimes sneakily record the first video and then use my media player to slow it down to a tempo I'm comfortable with. I think most media players are capable of this without changing the pitch. There's also a program called Amazing Slow Downer I think..
Although usually I use the guitarpro tracks for this.

Ok that is an option to.

Which media player are your using and how do you slow it down with losing pitch.

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Artemus
Feb 28 2009, 12:29 AM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
I use Creative MediaSource - it came with the sound card but I think Windows Media Player can do the same thing - it should be one of the plug-ins. View > Enhancements > Show Enhancements and cycle through to Play Speed Settings

Hope that helps smile.gif

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Feb 28 2009, 12:32 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Artemus @ Feb 28 2009, 12:29 AM) *
I use Creative MediaSource - it came with the sound card but I think Windows Media Player can do the same thing - it should be one of the plug-ins. View > Enhancements > Show Enhancements and cycle through to Play Speed Settings

OK i will check the plug ins and see what will come out of it.

Cheers

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 28 2009, 01:51 AM
Instructor
I love the idea and don't mind doing it in some future lessons.

For time being try Artemus's advice it should definitely work. I am sure you can slow videos in Cubase or just slow down audio in Sound Forge !

QUOTE (Artemus @ Feb 28 2009, 12:29 AM) *

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Mar 1 2009, 12:14 PM
Instructor
Check Winamp plugin- PaceMaker ,excellent tool for a practicing,sound control- tempo,speed,pitch !

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Mar 1 2009, 09:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Mar 1 2009, 12:14 PM) *
Check Winamp plugin- PaceMaker ,excellent tool for a practicing,sound control- tempo,speed,pitch !

Hello Sinisa,

Thanks for this will check it out.

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 1 2009, 10:02 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Actually, one of the problems I have is that I like to learn the licks at a slow tempo and practise at a fast tempo along with the instructor to see if I get it right, the videos where the instructors explain the licks, atleast the ones of my choice, are always slower than the original, the first one which, alongside the backing, is really confusing, so this might be a good idea, but that means twice the work for instructors sad.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 01:43 PM