> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Papa Roach Riffing, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

George Hlio
Apr 27 2018, 07:45 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Papa Roach Riffing by Darius Wave

Great lesson! Gave me the most trouble at the faster phrases but I manged to play it relaxed for the past week, which I did not expect because it looked very hard at first! Enjoy!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 29 2018, 04:07 AM
GMC:er
SPIFF!! What I like best about this is how well you are able to control and vary your mute. Sometimes, as needed, you do a strong mute. Sometimes, a light mute, and sometimes, no mute. In each case it was what the original piece called for. Well done on having the ear to discern what level of muting was required and in doing so created a very dynamic rendering of the piece.

This is riff/groove based Metal, so again THE GROOVE IS THE THING!! Thou Shalt Not Mess With The Groove!! smile.gif Good news here is that you ar locc into hte groove from the first bar of the tune. You let it breathe when it's supposed to and clamp down when it's called for. Well done.

I think you have a knack for this type of Music. Might I suggest that you take what you've learned and write some Music along these lines? You can clearly play it well, I think it's time to flex your creative muscles and start writing Music!! After all, the entire point of all of this is just to prepare you to make your own Music and be able to express yourself through Music. You are ready Soldier!!

Solid 7 from me.
Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 30 2018, 08:30 AM
Instructor
Hey George!

You go like a thunder with all these rec's. Strong sides of this one are the tone, intonation and unwanted noise muting. There are no obvious mistakes...just some precission missing. I would give this one some more time. It may not seem so hard speed-wise but it has some elements that are hard to combine together. You're late with some position shifts. You palm muting tone should be stronger...try to push the pick inbetween your strings for more attack. It clear that the tone works fine so the problem source is definitely in your right hand. You need to experiments with hand and pick angle.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2018, 05:39 PM
Instructor
Hi again George!

I think that everything that I've commented at Deftones lesson can be applied here, but you are closer with this lesson. It sounds much better than the other one regarding dynamics, groove, and articulation.

The key here is to be able to play that main palm muted riff with more precision, tighter with the drums, and then you can consider this lesson mastered. That's where I find the more relevant timing issues, since you tend to go after the beat. Try to go tighter with the drums.

Your tone is GREAT for this style. Good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 3 2018, 04:34 PM
GMC Founder
Cool -

I am a getting a stiff impression form you here, it's as if you were listening to the backing to hear when the next section would start.

Preferably you should rely on your internal pulse - tap your foot and play to the groove. I think this would give a more relaxed and enjoyable impression to the listener.

You get a 6 from me - keep up the hard work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
May 4 2018, 08:39 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.75

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 04:15 AM