> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Soloing #2, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

George Hlio
Mar 8 2018, 11:50 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Beginner Soloing #2 by Darius Wave

I found this lesson to be by far the most difficult out of all the Level 2 lessons that I've done! Maybe because I consider bending as my weakest area (and my fingertips were in painful fire too!). Or maybe it is because of my 7 string guitar having a thick neck! I don't know! Hope you enjoy it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 9 2018, 02:33 AM
GMC:er
I can tell you put the work on on this one and you've got a pretty good handle on it. Your guitar may have heavier gauge strings and it may be making bends harder. 9 gauge or even 8 gauge make bends a bid easier. But some people put on 11 gauge to force their hand to get stronger. It all comes down to the player. I used 9 gauge for years til I tried the Yngwie .08 gauge which I really like. Trying new gauge strings is always fun and a way to see what you like best. Also yes, that guitar does have a pinch thicker neck than some guitars. My 7 string Ibanez RG7620 has a neck barely bigger than my Ibanez RG560 which has the thinnest neck available on a production series guitar. It does make bending and playing in general much easier. I know some guitar can be really hard to come by depending on where you live. If there is a music store around, just trying some other guitars is a good idea and can be fun smile.gif On to debriefing! I noticed about 20 seconds in that your bend is good, but it lacks the vibrato oscillation that Darious is doing in the demo. I can see your arm moving up and down to try to recreate the sound but your fingers are bending up and staying up. This is not an easy lick. It requires that you do a full bend and then do vibrato at the very top of the bend. But it's a key part of the Lesson. I'd say Isolate the different parts of the lesson and work on each. You are very close on this one so it's a solid 6 from me.

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2018, 04:28 PM
Instructor
Nice George! I think that this lesson is a good choice for you since it combines different techniques in the same musical tune.

These are some things that I'd like to mark and comment:

- Your tone has too much drive and it's more "metal" compared to the original take. I would go for a closer tone that allows you to manage more dynamics in your playing.

- Your vibrato need attention on this one. In some cases you don't do it while in others it is too soft.

- Your bending is not bad, mostly in the first part. In the final sections, your bending is not consistent, so maybe your hands where tired or something. Work on that part.

I would start taking care of those things to see how your overall performance improves.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 12 2018, 08:43 AM
GMC Founder
Again - great choice of lesson. I love how you strategically go through the basics to get your lead chops together like a pro!

I think this is pretty solid work - and what sticks out to me is the bending which is not completely consistent (for example 00:52) and some transitions between licks where it get a little choppy/non-smooth (00:57)

Keep up the great work, you get a 7 from me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 15 2018, 11:55 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 12:01 AM