> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Basic Rock Rhythm #1, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Mirba
Nov 2 2016, 05:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Basic Rock Rhythm #1 by Darius Wave

Hey Guys,

Have been working hard on improving my audio quality. Thanks for the video on my last take Gabriel, it really helped! smile.gif

This is my first recording using reaper.
Also my apologies for the headphone cables. I'll have to figure out a solution for dealing with those mellow.gif

Thanks Darius, for this really cool lesson!
(looking back at your lesson I notice that you use slides instead of hammer ons in the main riff, sorry for missing that)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mirba: Nov 2 2016, 05:16 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 2 2016, 06:18 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

Well well! I dig your new audio-visual quality! Keep it taht way - it's really great. I might say tone is perfectly matched for this lesson. I like your consistent, even tone of palm muted notes. Your timing is really descent and there is not much to complain about any unwanted noises. You can be proud of your take for sure.

Let's go through some details that could make your performance even better:

1. You've noticed it on your own - there should be slides instead of hammer-ons
2. Some of strings are not sounding correct while you play G chord - like randomly muted by other left hand fingers?
3. At around 0:35-0:36 your left hand fingers tend to get nasty shaped. Always try to keep them rounded, aside from index, which makes the "noise gate job"
4. 0:49 - recheck the articulation for f to g note - it's different than in original lesson video
5. 0:54 - wrong rhythm - you play a and b notes on g3 string too early. The same thing repeats at the end of chorus part
6. At the final part you need to fix ends of each ascending run. You tend to pla palm muting instead of open notes or to add too much picking instaed of playing longer note. It's all in the tabs, so please review comparing to your take and I'm sure you'll fugure out smile.gif

It's a really good take. Just make those details work to give this lesson a justice and you can get a really high grades smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 3 2016, 02:39 AM
Instructor
Hi Mirba!

It's awesome to see so many improvements regarding the quality of your video and your playing. I think that even knowing those things that Darius has wisely marked, you are very close with this lesson. It's just a matter of time, you need some more days to focus on the different elements that need to be fixed and you'll get this one.

In the meantime, you'll be able to make your right hand movement smoother, and both hands feel more relaxed with the rhythms and chord shapes.

This is a very promising video. Congrats!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 7 2016, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Hi man, this is a very solid take. I like the tone you're using here. There's not too much gain so everything can be heard clearly.

Judging the rhythm playing alone, I'd say you were a a strong rhythm player. You're mostly in time, your chords changes are swift and don't have any uncomfortable pauses in them.

Darius has given you some good details that are relevant to the lesson. Apart from some small deviations in the articulation to the main lesson you're very comfortable with riffing - good job!

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 8 2016, 10:21 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 03:14 AM