> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner's Corner 5: 7th Chords in A, Lesson By Bear Rose
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

ygro
Jan 10 2012, 09:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 5: 7th Chords in A by Bear Rose

heheh stand up, my worst nightmare

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 10 2012, 10:24 PM
Instructor
Very good effort. You still need to work a bit more on your timing on these shuffled rhythms, try to get into the groove and play those 16th note strums with the strumming hand more evenly. Chord fretting is decent, you should mute unwanted noise, and - tune up your guitar!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 11 2012, 11:59 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Indeed, tuning up the guitar would improve the take and I know that this sort of groove is not the easiest thing to internalize, but give it a little time and it shall be there at your command. Maybe a little knowledge on the idea would help out smile.gif check out below:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=41542

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 11 2012, 04:38 PM
Instructor
guitar is out of tune! make sure you review that before: Recording, playing live, playing by the fire, playing on your own biggrin.gif

I think your timing is quite decent, it's still sloppy here and there but it has that cool relaxed vibe to it,

a bit rushed by the end of the take,

try to be more calm and pull your own tempo back a bit, intentionally, you'll see that you lock-in much better that way

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 11 2012, 09:56 PM
Instructor
Hey! it's a good take but as the other instructors said there are many things to fix to take your playing to the next level. First of all, always check your guitar tuning before starting a practising or recording session. It's very important that you ear get accustomed to the sound of a well tuned guitar. The other important thing to adjust here is the groove of what you are playing. There are part where the timing is a bit off so you should concentrate on the rhythm. One thing that could help is just play the 16th notes rhythm with the strings muted to get the feel of the groove. Once you have the groove you can then concentrate on the chord changes.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 16 2012, 04:00 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
so close man 7.25

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 06:47 PM