Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC/DC Rhythm & Solo
GMC Forum > Discussion Boards > REC
Gert1973
Original lesson: AC/DC Rhythm & Solo by Darius Wave

Hi GMC, I proudly present a REC take on this amazing sounding lesson. It's the ending of another journey and I want to thank again Monica for the great guidance to get me trough this lesson and push me to a higher level. I have gained new techniques and that's the goal I wanted to achieve!

Monica Gheorghevici
Hi Gert!

Awesome work!!! I know how hard you have been working and how many details we fixed. We had a lot of fun playing this lesson face to face in the rehearsal room at our music bootcamp.

I'm very impressed with how you played the rhythm part. It has the perfect ingredients: great attitude and that beauty crunch which comes from the combination of a less amount of gain in tone + gain from the hand (strong strumming with wider right hand movement).

There are a few tiny details in the solo part that could have been played better. As example, the down bends (0:59 - 1:02) which should sound like an ornament played at the last moment. I know you can play these down bends correctly (I saw you doing this many times). The fact that you understood the technique behind for this particular detail is more important to me than the fact that you did not play it perfectly in this take.

Gert, I'm very proud of you! Congrats on your amazing work, dedication and your patience! You get an 8 from me. smile.gif
Kristofer Dahl
Amazing Gert,

This performance is a fantastic testament to your hard work and Monica's coaching.

The fact that the pulse of your playing as well as your right hand is deeply connected to the groove makes this an absolute win. You have now built a solid foundation that will serve you regardless of what you play - congratulations for this amazing milestone!

Now on top of this, you have started laying some serious groundwork for lead guitar (!!) as well - I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that I am totally blown away by your pace of progress.

Naturally you can always improve - and the solo towards the end needs a bit more even timing. But you do do nail those bends which really sets the atmosphere and also shows how much you have progressed since your first bends you shared with us.

Keep going Gert - the sky is the limit! 🤩👌

Fran
Pass: 8
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.